Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Side Effects

I am pleased to report that so far, the side effects have been minimal. I was worried that BCP would make me crazy, but I only took them for 17 days so there was no time for the crazy to creep in. I think my skin looks better though. No zits - woo hoo.

Side note: at age 38, a woman should not have to battle pimples and wrinkles. One or the other, ok!

I was also worried about headaches while on Lupron - a common side effect. The first 5 days, while on 10 units of Lurpon daily, I had virtually no side effects. There were 2 days that I had some minor itching at the injection site, but it only lasted for a few minutes. I had heard that the headaches come when you stop taking BCP and your estrogen levels drop. My RE also dropped me down to 5 units of Lurpon daily so it really hasn't been bad at all. I have been fine most of the day. At night, I can feel a slight headache creeping in and I am much more tired than usual, but that could also be the reduction in my caffeine intake.

We'll see how this changes when I start Stims on Saturday, but all in all, the first nine days have been fine. Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment