Thursday, May 17, 2012

7 Weeks

The shock is starting to wear off a little bit and I am getting a tiny bit more comfortable with the idea of twins, maybe.

I had my 7w0d ultrasound today. I was prepared to see a heartbeat. After the uneventful 5 week  ultrasound, I really wanted to see a heartbeat today. It seems like it took forever for my RE to be able to get anything on screen. Apparently the embryos are implanted up high at the top of my uterus, which is good, but it makes them difficult to get to on a transvaginal ultrasound.

After a few minutes, my RE asked me "How many did we put back?". I said "Two. Why? How many do you see?". He laughed "Oh, just two.". OMG!

Baby B looks great, strong heartbeat and measuring in at 6w5d. Baby A is about a week behind, measuring in at 5w5d, but has a strong heartbeat too. My RE assumes that A was a late implanter since we didn't see but one sac on the 5 week ultrasound. My betas were really low in the beginning so I assume as well that A was a late implanter.

My RE said that over the next few weeks, A will either catch up to B, stay behind, but keep growing proportionately, or won't make it. I am praying that A catches up. I love that little Sprout already.

I also graduated from the RE today. It was a little bittersweet. I have been going there for almost 2 years. It will be strange to see another doctor. I made my first OB appointment for June 5th. I will be 9w5d and will hopefully have another ultrasound and get a better look at Baby A.

I can't believe I am actually pregnant with TWINS!!!


Your Pregnancy: Week 7



Baby's now the size of a blueberry!
Baby's brain -- both hemispheres! -- is growing fast, generating about one hundred new cells every minute. Arms and legs are emerging as joints start to form, and a permanent set of kidneys (baby's third!) is now in place.







Gotta pee...again? There's a triple whammy at work here. HCG (pregnancy hormone) increases blood (and urine) flow, your more-efficient kidneys rid waste quicker since you're now peeing for two, and that growing uterus is pressed right down on your bladder



1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the Twins club! Get ready to be more exhausted than you've ever been in your entire life! I'm almost 16 weeks and I still don't think I've fully grasp what it means.

    I'm very happy for you. I'm sure that little A is a fighter!

    ReplyDelete