Tuesday, October 2, 2012

26 Weeks

Wow - I am becoming a really bad blogger. Here I am trying to squeak in the 26 week post before the ticker turns on 27 weeks.

I am doing well. Thankfully there really isn't all that much to report. I am large and swollen. My belly is big and heavy and I hurt... a lot... all the time. But it's not unbearable and I get through it. I can do this for 11 moe weeks if I have to. And I will.

My blood pressure is still great so that makes me happy and I don't think I have had any contractions yet so I am doing well. I did fail my 1 hour glucose tolerance test so I have to go back tomorrow for the 3 hour test. Ugh. I pray I pass. I have only gained 13 lbs so far. I can't have gestational diabetes.

Dr. Ryder has moved my appointments up to every two weeks now so add in my appointments with my MFM, Dr. Weiss and I am going in about once per week. Dr. Weiss does my ultrasounds, but Dr. Ryder does heartbeat check ultrasounds at each appointment since the doppler is not effective for twins.

I'll go in to see Dr. Weiss on Wednesday for my 27 week appointment. I assume he will keep my appointments at 4 week intervals unless something looks like it has changed and he feels the girls need more monitoring.

Then on Friday, I am going back to the hospital to finish my pre-registration and sign all my consent forms. Whew. Glad to get that out of the way so that whenever I do go into labor it is all done and ready to go.

I am also finally making progress on the house and the nursery but I want to save that for another post. So, for now I will leave you with the 26 week update and my two little heads of lettuce.



Your baby's the size of a head of lettuce!
She's still growing in the 13.6- to 14.8-inch and 1.5- to 2.5-pound range, and developing her senses, features and talents!

your baby at 26 weeks
  • Her eyes are forming, and his eyes will soon start to open.
  • And her eyelashes are now grown, too.
  • She's getting her immune system ready for life on the outside by soaking up your antibodies.
  • She's taking breaths, too. They're of amniotic fluid, not air, but it's still good practice.

1 comment: