Thursday, October 4, 2012

27 Weeks

Wow - 27 weeks! I almost can't believe it.

On Tuesday, I went back to Dr. Ryder's office for my 3-hour Glucose Tolerance test. I should get the results tomorrow. I pray I do not have gestational diabetes. I don't think I do. The girls are big but I have not gained enough weight to have it I don't think.

I also had my monthly appointment with Dr. Weiss, the MFM, yesterday and the girls look great. Audrey weighed in at an estimated 2lbs 7 oz and Lydia at 2 bs 6oz. Ultrasound also showed that my cervix is still long and closed. Both have now flipped breech with Audrey just a little lower than Lydia. I could tell that they had turned or something as I was feeling less pain. Oh, I am still in a lot of pain, but it's not quite as bad. Sleep is rough, the stair are worse and forget getting up if I forget and sit on the floor. But I am hanging in there. Less than 11 weeks to go. I even managed a trip to Buy Buy Baby with mom to purchase a few items. I had some 20% off coupons that were expiring that I did not want to go to waste. I have been sorting through the clothes and trying to at least get the newborn stuff washed. I might have gone a little overboard in the clothing purchase department. I just can't resist the cute matching baby clothes.

Brandon came over today to help me continue to work on the nursery. We went up to Ikea and picked up on of the cribs. It is now put together in the nursery which is really starting to make this real. I also scored a Double Snap N Go stroller off Craig's List for $40 which we picked up today as well.

My Baby Shower thrown by my JLCC friends is Saturday and I am really looking forward to it. With Jamie, Joy and Amanda in charge I am sure it will be fabulous. After that, I will still have one more shower to go. I truly am blessed to have so many people that love me and the girls. I don't know what I would do without all the support.

And now for the 27 week details.


Your baby's the size of a rutabaga!
At 13.6 to 14.8 inches and 1.5 to 2.5 pounds, she's not just getting bigger, she's getting smarter.

your baby at 27 weeks
  • She's practicing inhaling and exhaling with her rapidly developing lungs.
  • It's official: Baby's showing brain activity! And her brain will keep on getting more complex.

1 comment: