Friday, April 13, 2012

Awesome Fert Report

Out of the 23 eggs retrieved, 20 were mature and 17 fertilized! I am in complete shock. I was so sure that I would lose a ton due to coasting for 3 days before trigger. I am beyond thrilled with this number.

The embryologist said there were growing well and he would contact my RE on Saturday if they started to decline too much and felt we needed to do a 3 day transfer on Sunday. Otherwise, I would get another update on Monday with the time scheduled for transfer.

I am feeling a lot better today. Still really crampy and bloated, but in about half as much pain as yesterday. I am experiencing symptoms of Mild OHSS, but I think it is mild and will subside without interfering with transfer. I am drinking my Gatorade and eating my salty foods and protein.

I have a baby shower tomorrow for a friend that it is important for me to attend, but other than that, I plan to take it easy for the rest of the weekend, recover and rest up for transfer.

Happy Friday the 13th!

2 comments:

  1. I just started reading your blog and I'm really wishing you luck. My DD was the result of IVF #2 and now I'm pregnant again also from IVF.

    I know where you are and how tough this is, but aren't you proud of yourself for facing this huge hurdle? If there is something positive about IVF (and there's a lot of HORRIBLE about it) it's that us infertiles get to really see how strong we are.

    Good luck and my fingers are crossed for the next two weeks for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. It's been tough, but hopefully worth it!

      Delete