Thursday, April 5, 2012

Menopur success and other small things

Third times a charm, right? Right! I managed to get my Menopur done correctly with the right amount of diluent. Go me!

It was a three stick night though. I finished up 900 iu of Follistim last night, but there was still drug left in the cartridge. Everyone knows that Follistim is overfilled to allow extra for pen priming. The amount of overfill varies wildly. I needed just 150 iu for this dose. So, guess how much was in there? 125! Just my luck. So, it was a double-shot night of Follistim. Really, it's not that bad. I can barely feel the needle going in for SQ injections. Nothing to them at all - especially since I get no sting or burn from the Menopur either.

Yes, I know how lucky I am. I think it's all the extra padding around my stomach that is finally serving a purpose other than just fat. Which is something else I want to discuss, but I am not ready to have that conversation yet. I need to think about what I want to say and how I want to say it. I know this blog is mainly just for me, but saying it the right way is important.

My ovaries seem to be responding well to stims, from what I can feel. I won't know for sure until the ultrasound on Friday, but I feel more and more swollen every day. I hope they are doing their thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment