Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Pregnancy Symptoms

Today, I am 8dp5dt or 3w6d.

Side note 1: when do you switch your counting from days past transfer to weeks and days pregnant? I think I am going to officially make the switch tomorrow when, if my beta doubles as it should, I will be 4 weeks exactly (4w0d). That would be the day that AF is due and when most women not in the middle of IVF would have their first idea that they might be pregnant. 

Side note 2: I think about how with IVF you know every little detail about your cycle - ER, ET - and considering how closely you are monitored, you know exactly where you are on any given day. Most women don't know they are pregnant at 3w4d. Most women are already 5 or 6 weeks pregnant when they find out. That means they only have 34 or 35 weeks to go. Me, I have almost 37 weeks to worry. It makes me really jealous of my friend Leslie. She never had regular periods so she was almost 14 weeks when she found out she was pregnant with her second child. She missed her entire first trimester. She missed all the worrying and the waiting. In the end, her son was born 5 weeks early so she had like half of a pregnancy. I can't even imagine. 

Anywho... I digress. Today, I am 8dp5dt and pregnancy symptoms are definitely starting to show up. They are subtle. I wouldn't know they were symptoms of pregnancy if I didn't know I was pregnant. Honestly, I would think AF was coming and that I was getting sick.

3dp5dt: Frequent urination. This came hard and fast and with a vengeance. Anytime I am sitting down somewhere and stand up, I immediately have to pee. Not just the feeling of having to go, but an overwhelming urge, as in I have to go NOW. This was also the last time I slept through the night. I wake up 2 hours after falling asleep and I have to go. Then I wake up two hours later and I have to go again. Then I can usually sleep for 4 hours before I wake up for the day - and have to really go!

4dp5dt: Heartburn and acid re-flux. Holy crap, I was not expecting this at all. I am prone to re-flux, but I can usually control it with Tums or the occasional Zantac. After 2 days of chewing Tums after every meal, I started taking a Zantac with  my  morning meds. It seems to work most of the day. I only needed 1 Tums yesterday. From what I have read and heard, this is one symptom that will not be going away.

6dp5dt: Fatigue. This has been pretty mild so far. I seem to hit my wall around 5:00 - 5:30 and need to nap. Not just an "I'm sleepy", more like "must nap now, eyes closing on their own". I doze for about 30-45 minutes and then I am good to go.

So far, that's it. But - I know I have a long way to go.
I'm both excited and nervous for my Beta tomorrow. It's still so early, but today... I am pregnant!

No comments:

Post a Comment