Friday, April 27, 2012

Beta #3

So, even though Beta #2 was almost a perfect doubling of Beta #1, my RE still wanted me to come back today for another one. Today's Beta was 187. That's a doubling time of 34 hours - good job Michelle!

To recap: Beta 1 = 58, Beta 2 = 114, Beta 3 = 187

However, he wants me to come back Monday for another Beta. Seriously, my veins are shot. It takes a minimum of 3 sticks to find a place to get blood and I am covered in bruises. 

I am really trying not to complain. But this will be $600 in blood tests alone. When I asked why another one on Monday or why we didn't skip today and go back on Monday, the nurse said my RE just wants to make sure it keeps rising.

I know the numbers are on the low-ish side, but they are perfectly normal for being now 10dp5dt.

Plus I have an ultrasound at 5 weeks to check for the gestational sac and another at 6 weeks to check for a heartbeat - each at $375 a pop. These two weeks are going to cost me about half of what my entire pregnancy will be with my OB.

Arghhh. Sorry. I will stop complaining now. He's my RE and I trust him, but I'm going broke!

No comments:

Post a Comment