Monday, April 9, 2012

Second Follicle Check - 21

Happy Easter everyone!

How did I spend my Easter morning? Why, with my RE and his staff getting another difficult blood draw and ultrasound. I feel so bad for my RE. This is the second major holiday he has worked for me (2nd IUI was on Christmas Day 2010) and who knows how many weekends.

No word on today's E2 level, but the follicle count sure was upped. We now have 15 follicles on the right ovary, all between 10-19mm. Again, these are just measurable follicles so we still assume there are more below 10mm. Most were in the 13-15 range. Today he only counted 6 on the left side, but my left ovary appeared to be hiding as he was having to push on my belly to get a good view. I think he just stopped counting after 6.

He discontinued stims so no injection tonight! My belly thanks me. And, I go back tomorrow morning for check #3. Looks like I will be going in every morning until he decides it is time to trigger. My best guess is that I will trigger Tuesday night for an ER on Thursday, which would put ET on Monday, 4/16.

My follicle sizes seem to be all over the place so who knows what size they will be at retrieval and how many will be mature, but it's starting to look like my benchmark of 20 might not be so far off. My RE commented today that my response is what he would expect from someone under the age of 35. Go ovaries!

So, that's it. Another ultrasound tomorrow and we'll see where we go from there. I can't believe that in about 3 weeks I'll have an answer - one way or the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment