Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Swollen ovaries, surgery and tornadoes

I'm just going to word vomit for a bit...

Stims must be really kicking in because my ovaries feel really swollen. After three days of stims, I am definitely aware of my ovaries and something going on in there. I don't feel bloated, but when I sit for too long, I feel like they are getting squished in there. Tonight was night 4 and while I have Follistim mastered, I am a big fat fail on the Menopur two nights in a row. I don't think I am messing anything up, but I cannot seem to get the right amount of diluent out of the bottle, mixed with the drug, back into the syringe and injected into me. I think as long as I am getting all the poweder mixed and back into me, the variation on the diluent is ok, but who knows? The injections are still fine. Now that I am up to three a day I am starting to get some bruising. My belly has now taken 22 sticks. Looks like I've got at least 10 more to go.

Which brings me to the phone call today from the surgery center. They called wanting their $5500 for the surgery, lab and embryologist. They took a check by phone. The last thing to pay will be $500 for the anesthesiologist the day of surgery. According to my IVF calendar, I will have my first follicle check on Friday, 4/6 which will be after 6 days of stims. The surgery center has my ER on the books for Sunday, 4/8. I assume that this is because it is the earliest possible day for ER provided I am ready to go and trigger Friday night. More than likely, I won't be quite ready yet and will go back on Monday, 4/9 for another follicle check, trigger Monday or Tuesday night and have ER on Wednesday, 4/11 or Thursday, 4/12. Unfortunately, I just won't know until Friday. Part of me thinks it will be sooner because of how swollen my ovaries feel, but that really isn't a good indicator. I honestly have no idea. I am just along for the ride here.

The weather was crazy in Dallas today. We had 12 tornadoes touchdown in and around the DFW area. It was quite scary with the sirens going off and on for about 2 hours. I sat glued to the TV all afternoon and did not get much work done. Mental note - got to work tomorrow to make up for today. I need money to pay for this IVF!

Now that stims have kicked it, the exhaustion and hunger are virtually gone. I am back to my old night owl self. I am doing ok with reducing my caffeine intake. Some days are better than others. I usually have one large coffee each morning and if I am home all day, then that is all I have. If I eat out at all, then I am having caffeine in my iced tea. I have never really been good at drinking water with meals so that is what I am going to try to work on this week. I also plan to start adding in Gatorade this weekend so I can hopefully avoid any symptom of OHSS.

That's about it for now, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment